Friday, October 11, 2013

Winning at Parenting (This Week, at Least)


Clark has been saving money for an iPod touch for over a year. He finally reached his goal, and we went to Five Below to get him a case for it. The price was right, but turns out that if you are not into polka dots, purple sparkles, or owls, it's challenging to find just the right one. We ended up coming home with plain black. Later that day, I was browsing the Silhouette blog and got the idea to doctor up the boring case myself! 

Plants vs. Zombies being his current favorite, I found a good b&w image online, then traced and cut out of white vinyl. I wasn't sure how it would do with the details, but it worked beautifully! I had trouble with the eyeballs - had to do those separately, but overall was thrilled with how it turned out! 



Now I'm looking up and down for other things around the house to embellish. Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment