Monday, October 14, 2013

Baking Monday – Caramel Apple Muffins



It's apple time! I love picking apples, but our fall schedule has been so busy, we haven't had a chance to all go together. I picked by myself this year for the first time ever. It was such a gorgeous day, it was hard to be sad, but I really missed my mini helpers. We're almost out of the first batch, so maybe we can fit in one more visit to the farm next weekend before they're gone.



I was waiting to make this recipe until I had farm apples, because this seemed like such a perfect fall recipe. Butter, apples, caramel, cinnamon ... how can you go wrong?


I did these as minis so there would be more to go around, plus I had some fall-ish mini wrappers to use up. One recipe made four dozen mini muffins. (I recently asked out loud the difference between muffins and cupcakes, and Dora's answer? "Frosting.") Best eaten fresh, but as the original poster pointed out, they can easily be quickly warmed in the microwave until gooey on days 2-3. 

No comments:

Post a Comment