Monday, October 15, 2012

Baking Monday - Homemade Biscoff Cookies



I don't think I've ever had a Biscoff cookie, but I keep seeing recipes popping up all over the baking blogosphere using Biscoff spread and baking homemade versions. So when I got these cool message cookie cutters for my birthday - which I'm thinking will be primarily used for snarky phrases and maybe the occasional "May the Force Be With You" - it seemed like the perfect cookie to make with my new toy!



The letters were easy to slide in and it took a few tries to figure out how much pressure to use for a good imprint. Jeff gave me a handful of catchphrases to use from the pool team (I love the confidence of "I QUIT"!) I don't know what they mean, but apparently they were a big hit. There was also another one included in the mix (NOT PICTURED) which had a word so repulsive, I cannot believe I actually put it on a cookie (hint: it's an acronym the ladies on the team use for "completely untalented.")


And the recipe? Yummy! I replaced the nutmeg (bleck) with ginger and would try making them with half whole wheat flour next time. The original directions had me a little panicked about burning, so one batch came out of the oven sooner than another. Consequently, half of the cookies were crunchier, half were soft. (Jeff liked the soft better.) A good cinnamony fall-like treat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment