Monday, August 20, 2012

Baking Monday - Chocolate Crispy Cookies

Why, hello there! I'm back! This summer has been crazy-busy with a capital crazy. The kids have been asking for a pajama movie day at home and today's rain has provided the perfect opportunity. So, now I have an opportunity to get caught up on some things myself ... win/win!

We met friends for a picnic yesterday, and I brought dessert. I went to the Mrs. Fields cookie book and let Theo choose between Sweetie Pies and these Chocolate Crispy cookies.



Instead of using a chocolate bar, I used a mix of semi-sweet and milk chocolate chips (about 1.5 cups). I also cut back the butter by 2 tbsp.


This is a great recipe - chewy and crunchy at the same time. They were a big hit with adults and kids. Something a little different than plain ol' cccs*.


* Chocolate chip cookies, of course!

And also this weekend? A baking fail!! Apparently, I'm a little out of practice ... I tried a recipe found online and it was a giant disaster. It did have a few suspicious ingredients and steps, like quite a lot of butter - probably about 1/4 c too much. Also 2 tsp of baking soda and 1/2 tsp of baking powder (it's usually the other way around), which made for some bizarre bubbling action during baking. (Jeff and I were watching them in the oven and laughing - they looked angry!!!) Chilling the dough may have helped, too.


Okay, full disclosure: I had downed a glass of wine prior to baking, so there may have been some My Drunk Kitchen antics going on, but I'm pretty sure that I followed the recipe correctly. In the end, they still tasted quite good. Clark had a kindergarten playdate on Saturday morning, so I cut them into quarters and brought them along ... the kids seemed to enjoy them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment