Monday, December 12, 2011

Baking Monday - Peppermint Refrigerator Cookies

This is another recipe from my oldest and favorite cookie cookbook, but one I've never made before. The recipe recommends wrapping the chocolate dough around the peppermint dough, which I kind of rushed through, so they didn't look as cute as I thought they could.



Also, did you notice the extra layer of chocolate chips? Last week was just the kind of week where extra chocolate seemed like a good idea, KWIM? Verdict: yummy cookies, but I wanted to try again to make them cuter. Happily, a cookie exchange later in the week became a good opportunity to try again.



I layered the dough this time, and took my time so they were much neater, but I think I may prefer the dough wrapped all the way around, because the peppermint dough spread a bit more than the chocolate. Oh, and I skipped the extra layer of chocolate chips this time, because ...



... the bottoms of the cookies were dipped in chocolate instead. Score.

No comments:

Post a Comment