Monday, September 26, 2011

Baking Monday - Mint Oreo Cupcakes

I've had this recipe in the hopper for awhile. It's been delayed a few weeks for various reasons, so I was excited to finally make them today!



I used Bakerella's Oreo cupcake recipe, but decided they'd be way more fun with MINT.



... and an Oreo baked into each cupcake! Mmmmm.



The cookies all floated to the top and stayed there!

The only alteration to this recipe (besides using mint Oreos) is adding a tsp of peppermint extract along with the vanilla in the frosting recipe. The original recipe says makes 12 with some batter left over, but I got 24 cupcakes with batter left over (very happy that I opted not to double it!) One package of cookies is the perfect amount for two dozen cupcakes with six cookies remaining to be crushed up and added to the frosting. I also added a drop of food color to make it green.



Definitely a special occasion cupcake! Calorie-wise ... well, they're off the chart. Just skip lunch that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment