Monday, August 1, 2011

Baking Monday - Red, White and Blue



First up - white chocolate strawberries for a 3rd-of-July pool party. The idea came from Family Fun, here's a link to the how-to from Our Best Bites. I didn't have enough blue sugar sprinkles for all the berries, so I mixed it up with some blue jimmies, too. For future reference - the crowd liked the sugar sprinkles better!



I had an order for graduation cookies the same weekend and happily, the school colors were red, white, and blue, so I made extra cookies and icing for the holiday weekend.



4th-of-July cookies for pool party #2 - it is nice to have so many friends with pools! (We always bring treats when we get invitations, by the way!) Lots of experimentation with this batch. Dora's favorite was the tye-dye looking star, I liked the polka dots and flags.



There was enough of everything left over to have a decorating session at home. I gave each kid two cookies to decorate, and by the time I headed back to the table with the frosting, one of Clark's cookies was already half gone.





Theo and Dora really took their time with these.



Dora tried to recreate the tye dye one, but was getting frustrated over the way they were turning out. I reminded her that it's just a cookie ... it will still be delicious!



Happy moment captured in between freak out fits because Dora wanted the picture alone with the cookies - she was up in her room about 10 seconds after we snapped this - sigh. I think that's why I treasure our family photos ... they help me remember the harmonious times and overlook the moments that are slightly less so.

No comments:

Post a Comment