Monday, April 4, 2011

Baking Monday - Chocolate Mint Brownie Cookies

Okay, listen up - this recipe is seriously good.



I made a few changes to the original recipe. Did you know that Hershey's Special Dark cocoa is their version of dutch-processed? I just learned this recently, and it's much less expensive and very delicious. In addition to using Special Dark cocoa, I also substituted half the vanilla with peppermint extract. And, instead of dipping the cookies in mint chocolate, stirred in Andes Mint Baking pieces - SO good.

I doubled the cookie recipe, which then made about 90 cookies. The frosting portion of the recipe, however, makes a TON - half of the original frosting recipe covered my double batch of cookies.

These turned out super choclatey, super minty, and super soft and chewy. By the way, check out the rest of this lady's blog - great recipes and fun stuff to do with kids.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the shout out! So glad you liked these cookies! Yours look amazing. I wish I had some right now! Now going to check out the rest of your blog!

    Thanks!!!
    www.makingmemorieswithyourkids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete