Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!



I'm such a geek that I did Valentine shopping at Staples. The kids really don't need a thing right now, and I so wasn't in to buying something just to buy something. So, I restocked their school supplies and wrapped them all up with a cute package and left them by their chairs at breakfast.



And, they loved it! Clark's favorite part? The hand sanitizer. "Mom, I will use this hand sanitizer. It's BLUE, and that's my favorite color."

Update: Here are the ruler bag tags, upon request. Personal use only, please! Download ruler valentine tags here.



They also got some heart pancakes for breakfast. I didn't go crazy with their lunches, but wanted to leave a few surprises. I used these printables to wrap squeeze yogurt, wrote a little love note on the string cheese wrapper, cut sandwiches into heart shapes and included strawberries with a little heart toothpick. Oh, and some silly valentine jokes. No treats, because they are all having parties at school, and there's an extremely good chance we'll be hitting our favorite ice cream shop after dinner.



I tried to do a fun valentine hairstyle for Dora. I had seen this one and was pretty confident I could replicate it. She asked if I had a printout and I said, no, I read the website, I can do it! She looked me in the eye and said, "Mom, I'd really be more comfortable if you had a printout."

Turns out she was right, because I totally screwed it up, but it still looked okay. Will try to do it the right way next time!

4 comments:

  1. I love the school supply gift, what a simple, clever idea and the ruler is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love this school supply idea for my daughters class this year instead of candy. Did you have a template that you would be willing to share or even sale? Can you please respond to me at lovefitness04 @ hotmail dot com. (Without the spaces)

    Thank you,
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Misty! I've added the link to the ruler bag tags. Thanks and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete