Monday, October 25, 2010

Baking Monday - Caramel Apple Cookies

As I still had a surplus of apples in the house today (HAD, no longer do I have, they are now all smooshed into sauce and resting comfortably in the freezer), I decided to make these.



I didn't have apple pie spice, so I just used cinnamon and think I prefer it. (Another tip: one juice box contains the perfect amount of apple juice needed for the recipe!) I think the frosting is a tad sweet - next time I would try only using 1 cup of powdered sugar and making more of a glaze than a frosting. Overall - thumbs up. If I saw these on a cookie plate, I would probably not try them (No chocolate? Why bother?) but that's the great thing about Baking Monday, trying something new and finding unexpected gems.

No recipes lined up for next week yet. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. I loved these, I've had 7 today (see how I'm losing weight!). Dan, lisa, Ed, and Jen really liked and more than one said these would make the perfect breakfast cookie...no arguments here.

    ReplyDelete