Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Baking Monday - S'mores Cupcakes

Up this week: S'mores Cupcakes from Bakerella. I saw this post last week and wanted to try them right away. I learned a few tricks along the way:



The original post said makes 14-16 cupcakes, I got 24 easily. With the marshmallow, they fill up the cups very quickly. Lesson #1: make sure the marshmallows are completely covered with chocolate batter ... otherwise they will try to escape during baking!



Just out of the oven ... they all fell in the middle, I did not get nice rounded tops on these. Maybe if I had been more careful covering up the marshmallow. I may try using a 1/4 marshmallow next time - or a few minis - instead.



Finished! Final verdict: just okay. I'm not a huge marshmallow fan, but I do love s'mores, so I was excited to try these. I skipped the chocolate glaze, but think that will be a must for next time. Or maybe sprinkle some mini chocolate chips on top along with the graham cracker crumbs? Hmmm. That sounds worth a second try.

The cupcake batter itself is delicious ... I will definitely use this recipe again for plain ol' cupcakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment