Monday, November 2, 2009

What's Bugging Me, Monday Edition

I've spent the last few days arguing with my almost three-year-old over impossible requests. He engages in these go nowhere conversations almost constantly.

"I want to watch Peep Makes A Friend."
"We don't have that."
"But I want to watch Peep Makes A Friend."
"I know that you do, but we don't have it."
"But I want to watch it."

"I want bacon."
"We don't have any bacon."
"But I want bacon."
"I understand that you want bacon, but it is physically impossible for me to produce bacon at this moment in time."
"Can I have some bacon?"

I won't torture you with any more, but imagine these discussions going about 10 rounds. And no, offering alternative options does not work. Eventually, one of us throws up our hands in frustration and moves on. Really, I love the kid to bits, but I'm ready to bang my head against the wall with this new trend.

No comments:

Post a Comment