Thursday, May 7, 2009

What It's All About


When I was in fifth grade, I wanted to be Harriet the Spy. So, I took my spy notebook to school and started furiously scribbling candid opinions (NOT observations ... perhaps where I went wrong) about my classmates. Until Mr. Browning saw me writing during class and confiscated my notebook. Which ended up on his desk. Open. For anyone to take a look at. Which one girl did, and then reported  back to me what SHE thought about all of my observations. (I still remember exactly who it was.) Thus ending my short run as a spy.

So this blog is like my open notebook on Mr. Browning's desk ... I want to choose my words carefully. I'm an avid reader of blogs, mostly parenting, crafts and baking. Some use their space to simply showcase the things they create and family happenings. Some share very honest feelings and emotions, the best ones with lots of humor and grace. I'm trying to figure out what will work the best for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment